1. If you could be any animal, which would you be? Mountain lion...I’d be special, an introvert, and a total danger to society.
2. What is the top destination on your would-love-to-visit list? New Zealand. I will walk the hills of Middle Earth one day.
3. What is your favorite place to visit in Kentucky? The Pinnacles in Berea. It’s such an amazing hike and the view is very hard to beat. I love these mountains!
4. Who inspires you?I’m currently very inspired by C.S. Lewis. I can’t get enough of his books. I’m just amazed at how intelligent he was and how well he was able to share his passion through his books.
5. What’s the last book you read? The Catcher in the Rye (physically reading) and Mere Christianity (audio)
6. Who would you most like to swap places with for a day? An executive producer at Pixar in the middle of creating a movie, any movie. I love behind the scenes footage for animation, whether it is the computer generation or filming with the voice actors.
7. If you could choose a superpower, what would it be? Telekinesis
8. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Cerulean. Always my favorite blue.
9. What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten? It’s not that weird but probably calamari. I mean, eating squid is pretty weird for someone who didn’t know what an avocado was until college.
10. What do you find most energizing about environmental education? The most energizing thing about EE to me is the hope that it gives. The hope for a better future. I have always planned to change the world and now one of the ways I plan to do that is through EE.
11. What was your first job? Babysitter
12. What is something you saw recently that made you smile? Dwight trying to convince everyone in the office that he should cook the duck he ran over on the way to work. He said it was a Christmas miracle.
13. What is something—big or small—that you think you’re really bad at? I’m really terrible at things like pool, darts, bowling….not sure why or if these games/sports fit into one class. But I’m horrible.
14. What is something—big or small—that you’re really good at? Top-of-the-line cornhole player. Honestly, I should be in tournaments.
15. If you had to pick one age to be permanently, what age would you be?Ugh..this is a tough one. If I could be 24 and still have my kiddos, that’d be it.
16. What fictional place would you most like to visit? Westeros and/or Essos...wherever I could find Daenerys and her dragons. Also, specifically within Westeros, I’d have to see Winterfell.
17. Who is your least favorite superhero? This is going to be unpopular, but probably Batman...I just don’t find anything particularly wowing about him. He doesn’t usually dominate and seems to always be hurt, which are two things you don’t really want to see in a superhero. I loved Dark Knight, so do not come at me.
18. What is one hobby you’d love to get into? Calligraphy. I love to write notes and make plans and it just seems like it would be even more fun to do those things in calligraphy.
19. If you could visit another period in time for a year, what time would you return to? I'd definitely go back and meet the physical person of Jesus. I'd love to follow him around for a year.
20. What is your favorite aspect of being part of KAEE? I just love these people. I remember when I first started working for KAEE and after every meeting or event I’d think to myself, “How do these people keep getting more and more awesome?” The supportive and collaborative nature of people who call themselves environmental educators is something to be admired, and I absolutely love being a part of this group.