Jackie Gallimore is the Lower School Science Teacher at Sayre School in Lexington and has worked around the country at several environmental education centers and museums. She is a facilitator of Project Wet, Project Wild, Project Learning Tree, and Project Underground and is a Certified Professional Environmental Educator.
1. If you could be any animal, which would you be? A dolphin
2. What is the top destination on your would-love-to-visit list? Amazon Rainforest
3. If you could visit another period in time for a year, what time would you return to? The early 1800’s
4. What is your favorite place to visit in Kentucky? Mammoth Cave
5. Who inspires you? Many people! Jane Goodall, Greta Thunberg and Brene Brown come to mind.
6. What’s the last book you read? Erosion by Terry Tempest Williams
7. Who would you most like to swap places with for a day? A remote field biologist
8. If you could choose a superpower, what would it be? Flight
9. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Moss green
10. What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten? Swedish salty black licorice – do not recommend!
11. What do you find most energizing about environmental education? Sharing the outdoors with young people who appreciate it
12. What was your first job? Bagger at Kroger
13. What is something you saw recently that made you smile? PreK students planting their first seeds
14. What is something—big or small—that you think you’re really bad at? Singing
15. What is something—big or small—that you’re really good at? Organization
16. If you had to pick one age to be permanently, what age would you be? 33
17. What fictional place would you most like to visit? Hogwarts, of course!
18. What kind of art do you enjoy most? Contemporary watercolor and anything made of felt!
19. What is one hobby you’d love to get into? Photography
20. What is your favorite aspect of being a member of KAEE? Learning and friendships at conferences